Sichuan Province, located in the southwest part of China, has always been renowned as the "Land of Plenty" because of its gentle climate and abundant natural resources. It is one of the most popular destinations in China for travelers from all over the world.
Why Travel to Sichuan?
There are 4 reasons which attract people travel to Sichuna
- Sichuan is packed with diverse sights, offering a wide selection, such as Jiuzhaigou National Park, Mount Emei and Mount Siguniang.
- No one can refuse the temptation of Sichuan food. Sichuan food is 1 of the 4 schools of Chinese cuisine schools, which is famous for its spicy flavor.
- Sichuan is the home to the adorable giant pandas.
- Sichuan is a province which has an ancient history. Visitors can explore its traditional cultures and lifestyle of the local by having a leisurely time in Chengdu.
Chengdu Travel Tips
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province, which is known as the "Heavenly State". It is located in the west of Sichuan Basin and in the center of Chengdu Plain. It covers a total area of 12.3 thousand sq. km. (4,749 sq. mi.) with a population of over 11 million.
The history of the city can be traced back 2,400 when the first emperor built his capital here and named the city. It is listed among the first 24 state-approved historical and cultural cities and owns 23 state and provincial cultural relic units, such as the Thatched Cottage of Du Fu, Wuhou Memorial Temple and Wenshu Monastery.
Chengdu food is famous all over the world. The snacks and street foods that are available on most every street are also noteworthy and recommended for everyone passing through! For less adventurous travelers, Western food and a variety of international restaurants have also found their way to Chengdu.
As the tourism center in Sichuan Province, the transportation in Chengdu is very convenient. It is the regional hub for southwest China and can be easily reached by international travelers coming from overseas.
Jiuzhaigou Travel Tips
Jiuzhaigou National Park, located in the north of Sichuan Province, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1992. The spectacular scenery throughout the year makes it as one of the most treasured scenic sites in China. In a word, Jiuzhaigou National Park attracts a large number of travelers both from home and abroad every year.
- Weather and Packing Travel Tips in Jiuzhaigou
- Jiuzhaigou ATM & Phone Service
- High Altitude Sickness at Huanglong
Giant Pandas in Sichuan
In addition to the natural landscape, Sichuan is also the home to more than 50 kinds of rare animals, among which the giant pandas are most precious. Actually, 85% of China's giant pandas are living in this mountain area, earning the province a reputation of 'Hometown of Giant Pandas'. Visitors can contact with those lovely pandas in Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center (one of the most important centers in the world for the captive conservation of giant pandas), Bifeng Gorge Base of China Panda Protection and Research Center, etc.
- Fossil Distribution
- Modern Distribution of Giant Panda
- Giant Panda Unique Nature
- Giant Panda Special Life and Schedule
- Giant Pandas‘ Diseases and Natural Enemies
- The Evolution of Giant Panda
- Giant Pandas Historical Distribution
- Giant Panda Specialized Food
- Mating of Giant Pandas
- Friendly Neighbors of Giant Pandas
- Posture of Giant Panda
- Wolong Panda Donation-Picture Project