5 days Songpan horse trekking tour
Have a memorable horse riding trip in the highlands of Northern Sichuan. Explore the unique Tibetan culture along with the spectacular scenery in Songpan. Virgin forests, breathtaking lakes and more await to be discovered during the trip. All your food, cooking utensils, camping equipment and local guide are provided to make this journey pleasant and comfortable. We are glad to customize your trip and add this unique horse riding experience to any Sichuan tour.
Take a public bus from Chengdu to Songpan (included), about 7 hours. Your local tour guide will pick you up when you arrive at Songpan and will give you an introduction to horse riding, trips itinerary and more. Overnight at Songpan local hotel. B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner
Today you will have a totally new experience, you will start your horseback riding journey after the food supplies and cooking utensils are loaded on the packhorses by the guides. You will ride for 4-5hours to ErDaoHai Lake (36 km from Songpan town). The region is famous for having many lakes; you will see Toudao Lake, Swan Lake and Feicui Lake, and many others. The guide will choose good places to break for lunch and dinner. You will camp overnight near ErDaoHai Lake.
After breakfast, you will leave ErDaoHai Lake and head for Jadeite Spring (KuangQuanShui). On the way, you will pass Rensen (Ginseng) Lake, Flower Lake, Stone Forests, Moon Lake and many other scenic spots. The guide will choose suitable places to break for lunch and dinner. You will camp near Jadeite Spring.
After breakfast, you will return to Songpan. On the way, you will see Mallard Lake and pass through SanLian and MuNi towns. Upon arrival at Songpan, you can wait till next day to come back to Chengdu or head to Jiuzhaigou.
Say goodbye to Shunjiang horse trekking and come back to Chengdu or you can choose to take public bus to Jiuzhaigou or Huanglong. End the trip.
Notice that there are some tips you need to know during the trip:
- Horse trekking in the forests and mountainous can be strenuious and there is a risk of high altitude sickness given the elevation. We advise you to be in good physical health, check with your doctor if any concerns and inform your guide immediately if feel uncomfortable.
- There can be a large difference in day and night time temperatures. Please pack warm clothes.
- Kindly treat the horses as you would a person. Please don't chase or run after them or make any sudden movements that may frighten them to avoid accidents.
- Please do NOT use a flash when you take photos with horses.
- Please respect the local custom and work to get along with local residents. Enjoy and explore their different lifestyle. Share and be fair so everyone is treated equally.
- Please pay attention to the enviroment and collect all your trash. Pack it in - Pack it out.
- If any accidents occurs because you did not follow the guide's instructions, you are accountable.
- Please be responsible for your actions..
- The program may change depending on road conditions, weather.
- Each member will have his or her own guide, who will assist and train you on proper riding technique, no experience is required. Just a good attitude.