6 days Bifengxia panda volunteer and Mt. Emei tour
Upon arrival at Chengdu, to be met and transferred to your hotel, overnight at Chengdu.
Morning transfer from Chengdu to Bifengxia, a scenic valley in the green mountains of western Sichuan. Here you will be arranged to have an unique experience to volunteer these lovely panda bears and spend some time with the panda keepers who have dedicated their lives to Giant Pandas. Upon arrival at Bifengxia or Ya'an city, check into hotel.
Afternoon your guide will help you to register for the next day volunteering work at the panda center. The rest of the day, you can choose to visit Panda Center or hike at Bifengxia Valley (the hiking lasts for 2-3 hours). Overnight at Bifengxia or Ya'an city.
Volunteer work starts. You will receive a training on how to care for pandas and the guidelines for working with your panda keeper.
Following a short training, volunteering service might includes:
The assistant of panda keeper:
- Clean the bedroom and the garden for the giant panda.
- Prepare food, such as carrot, apples, panda bread and biscuit. Also carry the bamboo.
- Sometimes you should help the scientists to collect the behavior data.
- Sometimes, you should help the veterinary to do the medicine care for the panda.
The interpreter of panda garden:
- Introduce the giant panda research, such as: the breeding, hand-rearing, Husbandry, enrichment and so on.
- Introduce the giant panda research cooperation, such as: with The States, Japan, Austria, Thailand and so on, also the development of all of these co-operations.
- Introduce all the giant pandas, the different habit, behavior, experience of each giant panda.
- Introduce all the buildings and their function.
- Tell the stories of the giant panda for the visitors.
While you do volunteering work, you will have time to watch and take photos. Later afternoon drive down to Ya'an city for overnight.
Morning drive about 1.5-2 hours from Ya'an to Leshan Grand Buddha, enjoy the beautiful countryside landscape along the way. Leshan grand Buddha was completed in 803 of Tang Dynasty after 90 year's construction and enjoys the fame of the biggest sitting stone sculpture in the world with a 71-meter height. Carved on the cliff face, the sculpture is well designed with perfect balance and effective water drainage system. You can choose to climb up the hill to visit the Big Bhuddha and the temples behind or take a boat tour to see the whole view of the Buddha.
Later afternoon drive to Emeishan. Check into your hotel, then you will be arranged to visit Baoguo Temple. Overnight at Emeishan.( If you want, you may have hot-spring at your hotel, fee is on your own).
Early morning take the local sightseeing bus to Leidongping (about 2 hours), afterwards walk about 15 minutes to Jieyin Hall, here you will take the cable car Golden summit. Visit the Huazang temple, Golden summit Buddha Statue. If you are lucky enough, you will see the splendid Clouds Sea. After explore Golden summit, take the cable car down and walk back to Leidongping, here you will take the local bus back to the foot of the mountain. Meet the driver there and drive back to Chengdu,
Chengdu airport dropping off, end the trip.