Best travel tip - airport in Shanghai
It is super easy to start a tour in Shanghai with its great transportation system. Since Shanghai is a major transport hub in Eastern China. It located in estuary of Yangtze River. Whatever your mode of transport, you can easily get there such asby air, train, ship or long-distance bus. As the only one city with two airports, Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, the airport in Shanghai receive thousands of visitors every year. If you intend to travel in Shanghai, here is some information for you.
You can easily find transportation from Shanghai city center to the Shanghai Pudong International Airport. You can take Pudong Airport Shuttle Bus, maglev, taxi and Subway Line 2 to the airport. If you want to visit Shanghai, Places to visit in shanghai will give you some information. Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport is located adjacent to Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station which is a major train hub served by the Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway, the Shanghai-Hangzhou High-Speed Railway and the Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity High-Speed Railway. So it is easy to get Beijing, Hangzhou and Nanjing.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport is the primary international airport in Shanghai. It is located about 30 km. (19 mi.) east of the city center. The airport is the main hub for China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airline. It is also a major international hub for Air China. Shanghai Pudong International Airport consists of a main terminal building and two terminal concourses. Both of them are connected by two passageways which give the visitors easy access. Pudong Airport has good facilities and services. It offers visitors shopping area, restaurants, hourly hotel, toilet, clinic, car parking, ticketing, information, lost and found, bank, airport police and baggage claim and inquires.
- Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, located near the town of Hongqiao in Changning District, it is 13 km. (8 mi.) west of downtown. It is much closer to the city center than Shanghai Pudong International Airport. With limited international flights, the airport is the main domestic airport serving Shanghai. Hongqiao airport and offers 5 international or cross-border routes with "city to city" service to central Tokyo's Haneda Airport, central Taipei's Songshan Airport, Central Seoul's Gimpo Airport, Hong Kong and Macau. It is much less crowded than Pudong Airport.
Generally speaking, airports in Shanghai are much more crowded than other cities in China. You may be confused that which airport you should choose. The most important thing is to know the airline codes. The IATA of Shanghai Pudong International Airport is PVG. The IATA of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport is SHA. According to the codes, you won't be confused. You'd better arrive at the airport 2 hours before a flight. WindhorseTour can help you buy tickets when you booking a tour. Look at Shanghai City Highlight & Outskirts 4 Day Tour to book a tour.
Here are some tips for you to find the places in Shanghai Pudong International Airport smoothly:
- Taxi: Taxi stop is outside Gate 18. It is easy to find when you come out of the Gate 12 - 18.
- Information: There are two information counters in Pudong Airport. One is between Gate 3 and Gate 4 in Domestic Departures area and the other one is between gate 11 and Gate 12 in International Departures area.
- Toilet: Restrooms are conveniently located in both the Domestic Departure area as well as the International Departure area.
- Restaurants: The most famous restaurants in airport are Canglang Ting Restaurant and Hong Fangzi Western Food Restaurant.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport are the two busiest airports in China. Both the airport in Shanghai have good services for the visitors. Have a good time in Shanghai!