1. Advantages of Yangtze sailing downstream:
- Fast speed, 28~30km average per hour.
- Normally no sailing at night, thus no affecter to entertainment on board( dining hall and dance bar are normally located at the tail of the cruise where stands a relatively big shock ).
- Shore excursion arrangement at daytime, the cruise will be waiting, you are ensured to have a full visit through three gorges scenery.
2. Disadvantages of Yangtze sailing downstream:
- Fast sailing speed brings quick passing between each spots, 8 km long Qutang gorges only needs several minutes to pass, you may not have enough time choosing between photography, guide's words and sightseeing.
- More expensive for a downstream cruise.
3. Advantages of Yangtze sailing upstream:
- Average 15~18 km sailing speed ensures you plenty time to watch, listen and take pictures during the cruise.
- Cheaper price for a upstream cruise
- More time on board leaves foreign visitors more time to explore Chinese culture, history and folk entertainment.
4. Disadvantages of Yangtze sailing upstream:
- Low speed, sometimes in order to arrive at next scenic spot on time, the cruise has to sail at night, which more or less affects tourists's rest.
- Only pass the ship lock at 12:00-2:00a.m, also would affect tourists' rest or arrangement at this time slide.