Famous caves in Guilin
If you are staying in city for a long time, then you should go out with your families and friend for sightseeing the natural scenery. The Li River is your best choice for your destination. The Li River passing across this region is the soul of Guilin's natural beauty. "The river winds like a green silk ribbon, while the hills are like jade hairpins" was written by the great Tang Dynasty poet Han Yu (768-824 A.D.) when he was cruising down the Li River of Guilin. Along the Li River, there are many famous caves in Guilin such as Reed Flute Cave and Seven-Star Cave.
Do you know how the wonderful caves in Guilin were formed? After years of precipitation, the isolated limestone peaks and fantastic stalagmite caves in Guilin have been formed under ground. The caves in Guilin have attracted a large number of travelers who are from both of home and abroad. The Reed Flute Cave is a natural limestone cave with multicolored lighting and has been one of Guilin's most interesting attractions for over 1,200 years. The Seven-Star Cave is an extensive limestone cave complex in Seven-Star Park, both of which are popular tourist attractions in the city of Guilin.
Reed Flute Cave (Lu Di Yan) is a landmark and tourist attraction in Guilin. The cave got its name from the type of reed growing outside, which can be made into melodious flutes. Reed Flute Cave is filled with a large number of stalactites, stalagmites and rock formations in different and wonderful shapes. While walking through the cave, travelers feel like they are being transported to a different environment. Some sections seem like a forest of crystal trees, while others seem like underground mountain ranges and even cities.
How wonderful it is! What makes you interested in Reed Flute Cave are the more than 70 inscriptions written in ink which can be dated back as far as 792 A.D. in the Tang Dynasty. These old inscriptions tell you that the Reed Flute Cave has attracted many travelers since ancient times. If you are interested in the Reed Flute Cave, please look at 9 Day Guilin and Guizhou Minority Highlights Tour.
- Seven-Star Cave (Qi Xing Yan) is located at the east bank of Li River. The cave has a year-round temperature of about 20 Degrees Celsius (68 Degrees Fahrenheit). Inside the cave, the stalactites remind you of assorted silhouettes of plants, animals and human being. Just like a crystal palace, the lights shining reflect off of the water flowing in the rock crevices. The cave got its for the seven peaks supposed to resemble the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation nearby - four peaks in the north are called Putuo Hill, three in the south are called Lunar Hill. The famous Seven Star cave is just located at the halfway the Putuo Hill.
Tips for you when you to travel to Seven-Star near Li River:
- The hotels are always booked out for the weekends and festivals. You should book them in advance. It is very convenient to join a tour: 3 Day Classical Guilin and Yangshuo Tour.
- You should prepare the extra clothes based on the different season.
- Bring your clothes which are convenient for different activities. Ladies are recommended not to wear short skirts because of the mosquitoes.
- There are many delicious snacks for visitors. You should pay attention about the food hygiene.
- Don't throw the waste anywhere. Take care of the environment in caves in Guilin.
- Do some activities to warm yourself before taking a cold bath. The water in mountain spring is very cold.
Enjoy yourself in the amazing caves in Guilin and feel the magic of the nature.