4 days Yangtze River cruise downstream tour
Upon your arrival at Chongqing in the afternoon, meet your local experienced guide and driver at the exit airport or train station, then take the comfortable and air-conditioned private car directly to Chongqing Chaotianmen Port to board the cruise during 17:00~20:00. With the cruise embarking at 21:00 pm, your 4 days 3 nights exciting Yangtze River downstream cruise vacation starts.
Warm tips for boarding:
- Please contact us in advance or at least in the morning of the boarding day to clearly understand the boarding pier, as there are 13 sub-pier of Chongqing Chaotianmen Port.
- Please kindly note that the boarding time and departure piers may change, according to the cruise line, water level, season, weather, and others. Please keep a note of the important info shared by your travel advisor.
Today is your first day to explore the beauty of the Yangtze River, the longest river in China. Morning, wake up leisurely to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee to smooth your mind or follow the Tai Chi master to play Taichi on the sundeck. Then start your adventure of today with a shore excursion to Fengdu Ghost City, said to be the home of the death of human beings, and sacred to three different religions: Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism and a treasure house of folk culture and art.
Afternoon, you may choose to have an optional shore excursion to Shibaozhai Pagoda (extra fee is occurred), the largest surviving bucket-type wooden structure in China with the largest number of floors, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chongqing and the Three Gorges.
If you prefer to stay onboard, no worries, different kinds of interesting entertainment and cultural activities are prepared for you to enjoy. You may attend lectures like the Yangtze River History and Culture Lecture to learn more about the Yangtze River or take part in the Captain’s Welcome Party to make new friends or have great fun by joining the evening entertainment.
Today you will sail through the spectacular Three Gorges. Follow the live interpretation of your guide and soak up the breathtaking gorge scenery with exquisite peaks and grotesquely shaped rocks along the two banks of Yangtze River passing by while drifting through Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, and Xiling Gorge respectively.
Morning, there is another optional shore excursion to White Emperor City to enjoy (extra fee is occurred) while passing through Qutang Gorge. White Emperor City, also called Baidi city, another pearl on the shining Yangtze River, houses numerous relics of the hanging coffins of Qutang Gorge, cultural relics of the Sui and Tang Dynasties, and poetry inscriptions.
The adventures today include a side excursion on smaller boats to the Little Three Gorges or a pea-boat floating along the verdant Shennong Stream (based on the seasons). The picturesque scenery of the towering green cliff-sides and mist mountains on both sides has inspired countless literati and poets to create numerous long-lasting Chinese paintings and poetry.
Tonight, you can have great fun by taking part in the captain's farewell party and the wonderful cabaret night shows. And dinner tonight serves local cuisine.
Today, you will have an early breakfast, go through the check-out procedure, and disembark at Maoping Port in Xiling Gorge. Then continue your shore excursion to the world-famous project, Three Gorges Dam. It is the largest hydropower station in the world with an annual energy output of 84.7 billion kilowatt-hours and one of modern China’s great achievements. (Optional experience with an extra fee: you can choose to have a totally fresh and exciting experience by taking a sightseeing boat to sail through the Three Gorges Dam Ship Lift, the world’s largest ship lift, to closely marvel at the huge dam).
After sightseeing at the dam site, take the tourist bus arranged by the cruise company to Yichang Three Gorges Cruise Terminal to end your enjoyable Yangtze River cruise journey. You will arrive at Yichang Three Gorges Cruise Terminal at around 12:30~13:30.
- Whether you will take the Three Gorges Dam Ship Lift or not, you will need to go through the checkout process early in the morning.
- If you visit the dam only, you will take a coach from Maoping Port to Three Gorges Dam for sightseeing, then you will reach Yichang downtown at about 12:30.
- If having the Three Gorges Dam & Ship Lift experience together, you will first switch to a sightseeing boat to sail through the Ship Lift and then sightsee the Three Gorges Dam Site, then you will reach Yichang downtown area at around 13:30.