Tibet private tours and group tours' pros and cons
Tibet, also known as the Tibet Autonomous Region of China, is the roof of the world. It has attracted all kinds of international travelers since it was first opened in the 1980s with its breathtaking landscapes, magnificent snow-capped mountains, adventurous stunning treks, atmospheric monasteries, friendly and hospitable Tibetans with unique folk customs. However, as one of the sensitive regions of China, according to the current travel policy, international travelers are not permitted to travel independently in Tibet, instead, they need to book an organized tour including a licensed guide, a tourist vehicle with a driver, and Tibet permit through a local travel agency like WindhorseTour.
As a local Tibet travel agency with over 13 years of experience, we have always been an expert in creating tailor-made experiences based on every client's unique needs. We offer 2 different types of Tibet tours for our clients: one is customized private Tibet tours and the other is the cost-effective Tibet group tour. Both are non-shopping tours.
Customized Tibet private tours
Customized Tibet private tours are best for those who prefer to travel privately and have their own guide, private vehicle with a private driver, without sharing with other stranger travelers. The group size can range from 1 person to more than 12 persons. This type of tour is popular among those traveling as a family or a group of friends.
Pros of choosing a customized Tibet private tour:
- The private tour gives you the freedom to design your own itinerary, traveling to the places per your wish in the permitted areas of Tibet. We have listed over 60 perfectly pre-designed private tour routes on our website for you to pick, please read our Tibet private tours to select the routes that you are interested in. Moreover, all the listed itineraries can be changed to suit your desires, you can have full control over what to do and where to go in the permitted areas of Tibet, without any of the stress.
- You will have the opportunity to set the dates/times which is most convenient to you. The tours' starting and ending totally depend on your own preference. In addition, when planning your trip, you can decide how long to spend in each destination according to your interests.
- Another pro to take a Tibet private tour is that you know your fellow travelers, most like your beloved families or friends, you don’t have to worry about traveling with strangers if you don’t want to, which increases the comfortability of your Tibet trip greatly.
- You will have your personal guide, private tourist vehicle and driver, they will only be in charge of your group and offer you the special assistance and a deeper explanation of the region that you go. Alongside, they can take you to some off-the-beaten-track if you want to go.
Cons of choosing a customized Tibet private tour:
- To some extent, private tours are usually more expensive if you are traveling as a group of 1-3 people, as you will pay for the cost of the guide, driver, and private vehicle. Hence, it is highly recommended to travel with a larger group of over 4 people together to save the cost.
Tibet group tours with cost-effective price
The Tibet group tours are suitable for those seeking a budget tour and preferring to make new friends and travel with travelers from different countries, which is normally preferred by those traveling alone or as a group of 2 - 3 people. We offer Tibet small group tours (2-12 people) from 4 days to 15 days covering the hottest highlights of Tibet.
Pros of choosing a Tibet Group Tour:
- Relative to private tours, it would be an ideal choice for solo travelers or small groups (with 2-3 people), who have a limited budget, as the cost would be cheaper than a private tour.
- If you do not have enough time or energy to do the research before coming to Tibet, group travel would help you to save time since it already listed the most popular travel destinations and routes for you to pick.
- You would meet new people from yours or other countries during the trip and it is also a good chance to make new friends.
Cons of choosing a Tibet Group Tour:
- Your group may contain a drama queen who is constantly disrupting your travel experience.
- Group tours often have a minimum run number (usually 2 people), hence, some tours can not run if there are not enough people joining the group.
- You cannot tailor-make the itinerary to your needs. All the travel plans including tour dates have been fixed and pre-set in advance, which makes it less flexible.
- Group tours also heavily rely on tourist-rich activities and sightseeing. During the sightseeing, it’s difficult to have individual questions answered or explained in depth. Your experiences will be largely dictated by the group's needs.
- You share the bus and guide with all other group members, which is less privacy.
- Reduced selection of available choices.
Weigh the pros and cons of each, choosing a private tour or group tour to visit Tibet should be based on which type will work best for you and whoever you are traveling with, as we commonly know that every coin has 2 sides. Before deciding the tour types to travel to Tibet, you may think about what your travel goals are and what is most important for you while traveling to Tibet first. For further discussion, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly!