- The long history of early developed civilization has left this province rich cultural heritages, such as Sanxingdui, Leshan Giant Buddha and Dujiangyan Irrigation Buddha.
- The folk crafts that are inherited from the ancestors in Sichuan, such as Sichuan Opera, an ancient art performance which is world famous for its changing faces and spitting fire.
- The Sichuan cuisine which is renowned for its spicy flavor.
- The leisurely lifestyle of the locals, which can be experienced in the local teahouses.
Sichuan Cultural Tips
Chengdu is one of the major destinations for the people travel to Sichuan to explore its authentic cultures. The teahouse that can be found in the every corner of this city, is regarded as the symbol of the leisurely lifestyle of the locals.
- Chengdu Entertainment
- Folk Arts and Crafts in Chengdu
- When to Visit Chengdu
- Chengdu Art Performances
Brief Introduction of Sichuan Cultures and History
Sichuan is also the birthplace of the ancient Shu civilizations. The Shu is an age-old ethnic group. Its earliest people moved to Sichuan and established their own kingdom more than four or five thousand years ago. They created the most brilliant civilization of Sichuan and the fertile Chengdu Plain was the center of the Shu Kingdom. The 3,200 year-old Sanxindui Cultural Site in Central China was probably the kingdom's early capital. A new cultural branch from the west plateau invaded the Chengdu Plain and so formed the Sanxingdui Culture by assimilation with that of the plain, culminating in a pinnacle during the development of the Shu Kingdom.